Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Would you really want to play?

So I was just perusing the classifieds looking for fun folks to jam with and came across a really funny argument, and I wanted to comment to both of the participants. To the guys who do not want a girl in their band...your choice of words was a little well, ignorant, but you can be commended for being honest...not enough folks like you around. , but you have to expect the psychos on craigslist to jump all over that... To the lunatic who bothered replying with venom; honestly in my opinion you look worse than the person you are criticizing. If they do bnot want a girl in their band, the do not want a girl in their band, accept it and move on, that is their right lol. And BTW, you actually provided back up for their comment. I have played in bands with MANY girls and FROM MY EXPERIENCE (that is key you read that) they are the hardest to work with. I have never had a guy walk out of practice pouting or lock them self in the van when we were being "mean" causing us to be late for a gig, or refusing to carry gear because they are the singer. If you have never done any of these, awesome, you are helping change my impression, however, from MY EXPERIENCE, I feel the exact same way as they do. I would not want to play in a band with a girl unless she was able to demonstrate that she talented as well as motivated, stable and understands what goes into making it work. So while you choose to call him chauvinist or whatever, your energy would have been much better served explaining to him in an email why you feel you are DIFFERENT and really do want a shot at singing in the band. BUT sadly you choose to be a bitter, obviously unsuccessful, venomous person with nothing constructive to say at all who I feel extremely bad for. It does beg the question; why would you even want to be in this band if his comment offended you so much? My guess is you don’t, you just wanted to attack the poster to make yourself feel like you are making a difference. Did it work? I don’t think so… I welcome your angry response as it will only bolster my point, but I am really hoping you get what I am trying to say...ignore the “ignorance” that does not affect you, otherwise you will drive yourself crazy and have a really depressing life

No comments: